Jazz™ Ice Cream with a fresh mint and chilli kick!
4 Jazz™ Apples
Juice of one lime
1 Thai red chilli
20 fresh mint leaves
4 tablespoons caster sugar
2 medium eggs
Chilli and mint leaves, for decoration, optional
300ml double cream
1. Peel, quarter and finely dice the apples into a pan quickly stirring in the lime juice. Split and de-seed the chilli and add to the apples. Cover and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the apple is soft. Leave to cool.
2. Remove the chilli then puree the apple. If you like, finely chop the chilli and put it back into the puree.
3. Chop and crush the mint leaves with 1 tablespoon of the sugar and add to the apple puree along with the egg yolks.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl then whisk in the rest of the sugar to make a glossy meringue. Whip the cream in a small bowl. Fold the cream into the egg whites then fold in the apple puree.
5. Spoon the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufactures instructions or spoon it into a freezer contain and freeze for 4-6 hours then take out, remix until smooth and freeze again. Serve the ice cream in scoops. Serve with Spicy Jazz Crisps or decorate with mint leaves, and slices of red chilli. The ice cream will keep in the freezer for 2 months.