Jazz™ Apple and Walnut Cranberry Muffins
4 Jazz Apples
90 grams butter
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbs dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dried apple chips (recipe follows) optional
1/4 cup dried milk
1 1/2 tsp baking flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup chopped dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups caramelized Jazz© apples (recipe follows)
1/2 cup cream cheese
2 tbs honey
Jazz© Apple & Walnut Cranberry Muffins
Jazz© Apple Dried Chips Preparation
1. Turn your oven to the lowest temperature you can set it at. Use one of the apples from above. Wash, core and grate the apples, skin and all. Spread the grated apple onto paper towels and press out as much liquid as you can. Put new paper towel onto a sheet pan and spread the grated apples over it.
2. Place in your warm oven and leave until the apple has lost most of its moisture. Remove.
Caramelized Jazz© Apples Preparation
1. Wash the remaining apples. Core them and cut into quarters. Coarsely chop ten of the quarters.
2. Grate one quarter and thinly slice the last quarter. Put the grated and sliced apple into a small bowl and add the lemon juice. Put to one side.
3. Put two ounces of the butter and the dark brown sugar into a small skillet or pan. Add the coarsely chopped apples and place the pan or skillet over a low heat. Stir all of the ingredients and cook until the sugar is all dissolved and the apples are just turning brown and are just tender. Remove from the heat.
1. Pre heat your oven to 350F (180C). Grease a twelve-cup muffin pan with the remaining butter.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, dried apple chips (if you have made them), dried milk, baking flour, sugar, baking soda and the salt.
3. Beat the eggs and add the milk and olive oil. Wisk these together and then add them to the dried mixed ingredients.
4. Add the caramelized apples and all of the cooking juices, the walnuts and cranberries. Stir gently together.
5. Divide the mixture between the prepared twelve muffin cups.
Place the muffin tray in your pre-heated oven and bake for twenty minutes. The muffins should be nice and brown on the outside but still moist inside. Test with a bamboo skewer.
1. Remove the sliced apples from the lemon juice and cut them into small fan shaped pieces. You will need twenty-four.
2. Add the cream cheese and honey to remaining lemon juice and grated apple. Mix roughly and spread over the muffins and add the fan shaped apple slices like wings.