The 2012 Jazz Apple Season Count Down
SAVE THE DATE: TUESDAY 17 APRIL 2012 - OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE NEW ZEALAND 2012 JAZZ™ APPLE SEASON
Sick of biting into soft, mushy apples? Don’t worry, the JAZZ™ apple season is nearly here!
JAZZ lays claim to being the crunchiest apple in the world, and this, along with its fresh taste, makes it the perfect, satisfying fruit snack.
Developed in New Zealand and now grown around the world, JAZZ is a naturally bred cross between Royal Gala and Braeburn, and has inherited the best attributes of both its parents – the juicy sweetness and colour of the Royal Gala and the tangy tartness and crunch of the Braeburn. The result is a delicious balance of sugar and tartness and one of the crunchiest, densest apples in the world.
Fantastic on its own or in a variety of dishes, JAZZ is a versatile and delicious addition to the apple world.
• JAZZ has a sweet, tangy, acid zing that gives it a distinctive flavour on the palette
• JAZZ apples are the perfect snack – easy to carry around, healthy and great tasting
• JAZZ Snackers are smaller size JAZZ apples, perfect for lunchboxes.
• JAZZ apples will remain crunchy and tasty for far longer than any other apples and will stay enticingly delicious in the fridge for months.
• JAZZ is proven to keep kids coming back for more, time and time again
• JAZZ is only grown by selected growers chosen by ENZA. There are also extremely rigorous criteria around orchard and harvest practices, and grade standards for JAZZ apples that must be met
• JAZZ orchards are located in Nelson, Hawkes Bay and Central Otago
• JAZZ apples will be available from leading supermarkets and produce stores from April 2012.